Volunteering with TCS
Our choir is run on the backs of our volunteers. As a member of the Choral Society, you are asked to help support our community in whatever way you can. Each of our Board Members have a range of tasks that they need assistance with. Below, we have compiled a series of 'job descriptions'. If you think you would be able to support with one of these roles, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to the Board Member directly.
Give Bob a Break!
Bob has been an excellent Treasurer for the last 4 years, but his tenure has come to an end. We need urgent help to fill his boots. We need three people who can support with the following functions:
- Treasury Management - take Bob's job, being accountable for ensuring completion of treasury activities
- Basic Banking (things like collecting depositing cheques etc)
- Basic Accounting (entering data into Quickbooks and building spreadsheets/reports).
TCS needs a Secretary!
Are you a detail oriented and interested in supporting the board and participating in board discussions? We need somebody bright who can take document our board meetings and provide new insights. If you're interested, please contact us via email!
Can you help Gaylanne raise funds?
Fundraising for Koerner Hall Concert: Fundraising Director, Gaylanne, is looking to fill these openings:
- Manager: Donor Liaison
- Manager: Artwork / Materials
This is a short-term commitment , but with help needed ASAP. Funds raised will be used to advertise our December 6th Bach Oratorio concert. Please contact Gaylanne at email@example.com if you are interested or would like more information.
Kate is looking for Operations Support
Can you help with one of the following items?
- Set up before choir rehearsal, and tear down afterwards
- Front of House Volunteers for rehearsal nights
- General Operations backup and assistance
The role of a performance committee is to oversee all arrangements for front-of-house for the choir’s performance nights. Reporting to the Director of Operations the committee is responsible for making sure all jobs are covered and get done for each performance, and that someone knows who is responsible for each task and how to contact that person. A performance committee would look after recruiting ushers and ticket takers as well as making signs, setting up the venue and cleaning up afterwards. They would also liaise with the Stage Manager and be aware of all issues with the performance space or event.
Maradyn is looking for Social Committee Members (x4)
New this year, the TCS Board is looking to launch the Social Committee!
We are looking for one representative from each section (soprano, alto, tenor, bass) to participate in this sub-committee. Committee members will meet a few times throughout the 2017/2018 and there will likely be some communications via email among the committee members. This sub-committee will work together to organize events and gatherings designed to bring TCS members together in a fun, relaxing, social setting. Last year we had a great time at the Halloween gathering at Louis Cifer and the Tenors blew us away with their Wine & Cheese night, among others. We want to keep the good times rolling and keep the great new ideas coming!
If you would like to be a social ambassador for your section, we want to hear from you! Please email Maradyn Wood, Choir Relations Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
Join Debby's TCS Marketing Team!
Debby needs support with a wide range of jobs in particular:
- Social Media and Content Generation: From distributing fliers to sharing our content on social media, blogs, etc. (MOST NEEDED)
- Copy-Editing: Responsible for reviewing content before publication and making tweaks where necessary.
Laura's Librarian Team:
I have a team of about 4 people for the library.
Their responsibilities include:
- Distributing/collecting music
- Helping with inventory (roughly every 2 years)
If you are interested in helping manage our music, please contact me at rehearsals or send an email!
Help Leandro with TCS's online presence and strategy
I will be supporting our Community Relations director making sure that we:
- develop a successful social media strategy
- execute our social media strategy in a timely manner
- analyze results
- maintain our website and social media sites consistent and up to date.
If you think you can help me with any of the above please contact me at email@example.com